MSA – Extend the Experience.
As professional retailers who work in non-profit institutions, MSA members have a unique perspective on what it takes to be successful. Your store is central to extending the visitors experience beyond the front doors and in to the community. Not many business have the dual mission to be profitable and act as a brand ambassador for the institution. When visitors choose to spend their time at your museum, zoo, botanic garden, library or other institution they have an expectation of quality. This extends to the the store as well. MSA’s goal is to provide you the ability to deliver a enjoyable, quality experience for every visitor.
As a business partner, MSA is a community of non-profit retailers who all have the same goal – to be successful. MSA is here to help you learn more about your profession, connect with other operators and vendors and to be your resource in the non-profit retail space.
The Museum Store Association is a 501(c)3 international organization with the mission of advancing the nonprofit retail industry and the success of the professionals engaged in it. By encouraging high standards of knowledge and professionalism, MSA helps nonprofit retail professionals better serve their institutions and the public.
- The annual MSA Conference & Expo is the premiere opportunity for non-profit retail professionals and vendors.
- MSA provides opportunities to connect online through the ShopTalk online community.
- Learning sessions and local, regionally and a national networking events lets you connect with like minded professionals.
- MSA’s eight local chapter participation and regional events are a great way for you to connect with colleagues in your area.
- MSAProductShop is an robust, online app that provides a platform to for buyers and vendors to connect.
- Monthly Webinars provide current information on trends as well as new ways to do business as a non-profit retailer.
- Museum Store magazine provides news and information for the non-profit retailer and vendor alike.
- MSA’s Non-Profit Retail Professional (NRP) Certificate Program covers eight knowledge standards designed specifically for non-profit professionals.
- MSA Annual Conference & Expo Learning Sessions are designed specifically for buyers and vendors to be successful.
- MSA brings vendor and buyers members together to buy products, create new offerings and share ideas
- All members can connect online through ShopTalk and advertise product in MSAProductShop
- Museum Store magazine is a great platform for vendors to advertise products directly to buyers
- MSA connects operators and vendors at regional events and the annual conference.
- The MSA 2014 Industry Retail Report provides rich, actionable data the help operators make decisions based on industry research.